The IERC’s industry empowerment role is threefold:
- Provide direction and thought leadership to an emerging new energy sector and its key policy makers
- To fund research, feasibility studies and white papers of strategic value to the sector
- To fund industry led, collaborative research projects capable of developing into the next generation of technologies, products, services and business models to be commercialised for the benefit of the Irish Economy
There are three levels of member – ‘Full’, ‘Associate’ and ‘Affiliate Entity’. There is a further sub-division of Associate members depending on company size. Affiliate Entity membership is designed for organisations with similar aims and aspirations, where collaboration and knowledge sharing would benefit both parties.
- €40k cash contribution
- A place on the IERC Steering Committee
- Multiple Type 2 Projects (link to current research & project type)
- Decision making in research agenda
- IP inventor ownership (link to IP Model page)
- Access to IERC knowledge hub
- €12k cash contribution
- Discounts for SME’s
- Access to Type 1 IP (link to current research & project type)
- Type 2 project participation (for additional fee) (link to current research & project type)
- Access to IERC documents
- Organisation with share interests
- Cash or in kind contributions
- Access to outputs of research
- Decision powers on specific projects
To learn more about membership of the IERC, please contact our info(at)ierc(dot)ie
IERC research outlines recommendations to achieve Ireland’s ambitious target of 600,000 domestic heat pumps by 2030
IERC has conducted research on heat pump technology development programme across the EU...
HP4ALL, a project to bring Europe to the forefront of the climatization sector
· HP4ALL is led by the Limerick Institute of Technology and formed by...
Tyndall’s IERC to lead Citizen’s Collective Energy Action project with €2M EU funding
The IERC (International Energy Research Centre) at Tyndall National Institute, UCC has been...