SME Programme for Energy Efficiency through Delivery and Implementation of Energy Audits
SMEs account for 13% of energy consumption across the EU yet only 25% have undertaken an energy audit, citing a range of barriers including lack of time, resources, in-house expertise, finance and the low priority nature of energy efficiency compared to other business needs.
• Facilitate a one-stop-shop, outsourced energy management service for energy auditing and implementation of resulting Energy Conservation Measures (ECMs).
• Demonstrate how a self financing mechanism can be used to drive investment in ECMs through establishing a revolving fund.
• Enhance the energy culture among SMEs.
• Demonstrate the SPEEDIER Service as an innovative tool for enhancing uptake of energy auditing.
• Increase the skills of market stakeholders to allow long-term delivery of the SPEEDIER Service
• Enhanced awareness of the wider benefits of energy auditing among SMEs.
• An increase in the proportion of SMEs that have undertaken an energy audit and implemented energy saving measures.
• An increase in the amount of private investment in energy efficiency measures and building retrofits.
• Improved policy measures that promote the use of one-stop-shop energy management solutions that incorporate self financing mechanisms.
• Create a sustainable market for outsourced energy efficiency services that is trusted by SMEs.
Impacts of Research
•96 SMEs supported to undertake an energy audit and implement recommended ECMs by investing €1463k.
• Total savings of approximately 9.5 GWh/year primary energy and 2850 tCO2/year.
• Training of 50 SPEEDIER Experts to deliver the service and 40 SPEEDIER Trainers to train others to deliver the service in the long-term.
• A validated framework for running self financing outsourced energy management program.
PDF: View PDF