Aim: COSTORE aims to maximise the value proposition of a collocated PV plant and battery energy storage systems (BESS) to mitigate the impact of dispatch-down events and provide DS3 grid services.
- Exploring Bottom-up MSP (multi-service provision) Methodology
- Defining the MSP (DS3 & dispatch down) and PV-BESS plant topology metrics
- Designing and validating the MSP Online controller and Offline controller
- Developing state-of-the-art real-time experimental facilities
- Optimising sizing & system design methodology (combination of technical validation and techno-economic analysis)
- Value proposition assessment (for the business model and market uptake)
- COSTORE will boost the development of novel solutions for PV plants towards achieving ZERO dispatch-down.
- The deployment of ESS with the PV plant will enhance the flexibility of both assets not only to mitigate dispatch down events but also to participate in DS3 services.
- The proposed MSP will encourage further participation in the RESS auction.
- COSTORE will provide a clear idea of the operational and financial aspects of the considered system, hence easing the market uptake solutions.
- COSTORE will also address business model, barriers, and recommendations for industry stakeholders, policymakers and public bodies for further deployment of these systems.
Project Timeline: May 2022 – May 2025
Funding body: SEAI RD&D programme 2021
Collaborator: Amarenco Solar
IERC Researcher: Shafi Khadem, Mohamed Bahloul, Sandipan Patra and Rohit Trivedi
Media Coverage for COSTORE:
- The Echo
- Irish Examiner
- Silicon Republic
- Irish Tech News
- Cork Safety Alerts
- Cork Independent
- Cork Chamber