The first IERC Conference was held on 17th & 18th May 2012
Objectives for Day 1:
- Overview four initial IERC collaborative research projects from Industry & RPO’s perspectives
- Strengthen engagement between Industry & Research Providing Organisations
- Highlight why the IERC is different – Industry-led & commercially-focused research
- Theme 1 – Commercial Building Integration of Energy Systems & Energy Storage Systems
- Theme 2 – Home Area Networks (HAN) to Deliver Energy Reductions
- Theme 3 – Smart Energy Networks in Factories
Click for IERC Conference Programme Day 1
Objectives for Day 2:
- Illustrate business models as a key tool in maintaining an applied, ….commercial focus to the research for both Industry and RPOs
- Highlight the two-fold benefits in running business models in parallel to research:
- Shortening of lead time to commercialisation when technical research is complete.
- Business model can influence decisions during the research phase resulting in outputs with increased probability of commercialisation and innovation impact for IERC
- Three case studies presented by Business Information Systems, BIS in UCC
- Three parallel Business Models Workshops across three research themes on
- Commercial Buildings
- Home Area Networks-HAN
- Factories of the Future
- Panel Discussion: Q&A Session: Business Models for Energy R&D
- Key Industry & RPO recommendations for future collaborations
Click for IERC Conference Programme Day 2
The multiple benefits of a Residential Retrofit Renovation Wave in Ireland
The National Climate Action Plan and Programme for Government 2020 outline the Irish...
IERC Conference Registration Open
Registration for the IERC Conference 2021 is now open. Further details on the...
IERC research outlines recommendations to achieve Ireland’s ambitious target of 600,000 domestic heat pumps by 2030
IERC has conducted research on heat pump technology development programme across the EU...