International Research Activity
Horizon 2020 is the biggest EU research and innovation programme to date with almost 5.93 €billion (out of 80 €billion total) dedicated to research in the areas of energy efficiency, low carbon energy, smart cities and communities and other associated topics and instruments. The IERC’s strategic plan includes numerous targets for H2020 funding, which will help grow the centre and deliver scientific, social and economic impact. Currently, the IERC is looking to lead and/or participate in the following areas.
- EE4-2016/17 New heating and cooling solutions using low grade sources of thermal energy
- EE7-2016/17 Behavioural change toward energy efficiency through ICT
- LCE1-2016/17 Next generation innovative technologies enabling smart grids storage and energy system integration with increasing share of renewables: distribution network
- LCE2-2016 Demonstration of smart grid, storage and system integration technologies with increasing share of renewables: distribution system
- EE6-2016/17 Behavioural change toward energy efficiency through ICT
- EE9-2016 Engaging and activating public authorities
- EE11-2016 Overcoming market barriers and promoting deep renovation of buildings
- EE24-2016/17 Making the energy efficiency market investible
- EE25-2016 Development and roll-out of innovative energy efficiency services
The IERC’s EU Programmes Coordinator Martin O’Connell is working with national and international research partners on H2020 submissions in the energy sector and can be contacted for further information and opportunities.
IERC research outlines recommendations to achieve Ireland’s ambitious target of 600,000 domestic heat pumps by 2030
IERC has conducted research on heat pump technology development programme across the EU...
HP4ALL, a project to bring Europe to the forefront of the climatization sector
· HP4ALL is led by the Limerick Institute of Technology and formed by...
Tyndall’s IERC to lead Citizen’s Collective Energy Action project with €2M EU funding
The IERC (International Energy Research Centre) at Tyndall National Institute, UCC has been...