Ian Marchant was Chief Executive of SSE plc, a leading UK energy utility company, for over 10 years until stepping down in the summer of 2013. Ian is also a former:
– Chairman of Scotland’s 2020 Climate Delivery Group
– President of Energy Institute
– NED of Cyberhawk
– Chairman of the renewable energy firm, Infinis,
– Chairman of Maggies Cancer Centres
– Chairman of the Aberdeen based quoted energy services firm, Wood plc.
– Non-executive Chairman of the Edinburgh based tidal energy company, Nova Innovation Ltd.
Ian returned in October 2020 to Chairman of Thames Water Utilities Limited, having carried the dual responsibility as Interim Executive Chairman for 18months.
Most recently Ian stepped down from NED of Aggreko Plc. He is an advisor to Scottish Equity Partners and a number of energy related companies. Ian’s most recent undertakings are the Chairmanship of Logan Energy and Advisor to Fred Olsen.
He is also former Chair of the Advisory Board for the Centre of Energy Policy at Strathclyde University. Ian is a visiting Professor with the business schools at Edinburgh and Durham universities as well as being a member of the Prince’s Council of the Duchy of Cornwall and the President of the RZSS.
Ian has his own consultancy firm – Dunelm Energy – offering advice, investment and connections in the energy industry and beyond.