Aim: Maximise clean energy penetration from grid-connected micro-generation systems through the development of community based microgrid solutions with special focus on consumer/prosumer engagement to empower energy citizens.
- Identify the most suitable microgrid architectures to maximise the clean energy penetration from the prosumer end.
- Identify the local energy markets framework for the smart communities with consumers’ active participation.
- Identify innovative integration mechanisms for PV, EV, ESS, HP in microgrid structures.
- Designing of microgrid structures for intelligent communities
- Integration and control of DERs in MiFIC
- Local Energy Market framework for the MiFIC
- Modelling the MiFIC with LEM
- Real-time performance study
IERC Researchers: Shafi Khadem, Sandipan Patra
- Title: Community-Based Microgrids: Literature Review and Pathways to Decarbonise the Local Electricity Network
- Authors: Rohit Trivedi, Sandipan Patra, Yousra Sidqi, Benjamin Bowler, Fiona Zimmermann, Geert Deconinck, Antonios Papaemmanouil and Shafi Khadem
- Link: https://doi.org/10.3390/en15030918
- Title: Implementation of artificial intelligence techniques in microgrid control environment: Current progress and future scopes
- Authors: Rohit Trivedi, Shafi Khadem
- Link: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.egyai.2022.100147
- Title: A Data-Driven Short-Term PV Generation and Load Forecasting Approach for Microgrid Applications
- Authors: Rohit Trivedi, Sandipan Patra, Shafi Khadem
- Link: https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/9787802